The Ten Commandments of Dog Ownership
-The Ten Commandments of Dogs-
1. My life is likely to last ten to fifteen years.
Any separation from you will painful for me.
Remember that before you buy me.
My life is only about 10 to 15 years.
It's very hard to be away from you even a little in the meantime.
Please remember that before you keep me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
Give me a little time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me- it's crucial to my Well-being.
The most important thing for me is your trust.
4. Don't be angry at me for long and don't lock me up as punishment.
You have your work, your entertainment and your friends.
I have only you.
Don't scold me for a long time, and don't lock me up as a punishment.
You have your life, your work, your enjoyment, and your friends.
But ... I have only you.
5. Talk to me sometimes.
Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.
Talk to me from time to time.
Even if I don't understand the meaning of the words you speak, I can understand your words with my whole body.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it.
I will never forget how you treated me.
7. Remember before you hit me that l have teeth that could easily crush the bones of your hand but that I choose
not to bite you.
I have teeth that can bite and hurt your hands, but I still hurt you
I have decided not to do it.
8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me.
Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, or I've been out in the sun too long or my heart is getting old and weak.
Ask yourself why I did so before you hit me.
Did you give the food properly? Did you leave it outside the hot weather for a long time?
Maybe my body is old and weak.
9. Take care of me when I get old. You, too, will grow old.
If I get old someday, I want you to take care of me. We are getting older together.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, I can't bear to watch it or Let it happen in my absence. Everything is
easier for me if you are there.
Remember, I love you.
Stay with me forever no matter what happens to me.
I want you to never say, "I can't be with you" or "I can do something without me."
I feel like I can overcome anything just by being with you.
So don't forget ... I always love you.
This article is copyrighted. Reproduction or diversion is prohibited by law.